Flexibles: A sound, temporary way to replace missing teeth.
A flexible, also referred to as a flexible partial denture, is a type of dental prosthesis that can be used to replace one or more of a patient’s missing teeth. They are made of a lightweight, flexible material which can be easily molded to fit the contours of the patient’s mouth. Temporary use of flexibles is the best solution for replacing missing teeth because they offer several benefits, including:
- They are comfortable to wear and don’t require any adhesives or metal clasp to keep them in place.
- It is also the cheapest flexible dentures.
- They are easy to repair if they become damaged or worn.
- It allows the prosthesis to be molded around the remaining teeth, providing support and stability to the overall structure of the mouth.
- It saves patients both time and money in the long run.
Types of flexible dentures
Flexibles for replacing missing teeth are popular alternatives to traditional acrylic dentures because they are lightweight, durable and comfortable. Here are the some types of flexible dentures are:
Valplast: It is a brand of flexible dentures material made from a nylon-based thermoplastic material. They are known for their durability, natural-looking appearance, and ability to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth and gums. They also feature a unique design which eliminates the need for metal clasps, making them more comfortable and less visible.
FlexiLytes: FlexiLytes is a brand of flexible denture material made from a blend of thermoplastic and acrylic resins. They are known for their strength, flexibility and natural-looking appearance. They are also lightweight and easy to clean.
Flexites: Flexites is a brand of flexible denture material made from a blend of acrylic and nylon. They are made from a blend of acrylic and nylon. They are known for their strength, durability and natural-looking appearance. They are easy to adjust and repair.
Sunflex: Sunflex is a brand of flexible denture material made from a thermoplastic resin. They are known for their flexibility, comfort, and natural-looking appearance. They are also lightweight and easy to clean.
Advantages and Disadvantages of flexible dentures
Advantages of flexible dentures
- They are more comfortable than traditional acrylic dentures.
- They are more natural-looking, as they are available in a range of shades and can mimic the color and translucency of natural teeth.
- They are more durable, as they are less likely to break or chip if dropped.
- They are easy to clean and maintain because they do not have metal clasps that can trap bacteria or food particles.
Disadvantages of flexible dentures
- They are more expensive than traditional acrylic dentures, as they require specialized materials and equipment.
- It cannot be repaired as easily as traditional dentures because they are made of a thermoplastic material that is difficult to repair.
- They are less adjustable because they cannot be easily modified once they are fabricated.
- They may not be suitable for all patients, particularly those with certain types of oral conditions or jaw structures.
Flexible removable partial denture service at Unique Dental Lab
At Unique Dental Lab, you will find a technician who will use specialized equipment and materials to create a custom-fit, flexible removable partial denture. Flexible removable partial denture can be a great option for patients who want a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing and durable option for replacing missing teeth. If you are interested in getting a flexible removable partial denture, consult with your dentist to determine whether it is the right treatment option for you.