What to expect from flexible partial dentures?
Flexible partial dentures are made to replace just a single or a few teeth rather than an entire set of teeth. It uses a nylon material that is softer and thinner than acrylic, providing the malleable quality which gives these dentures their name. Flexible dentures are comfortable to use, are gentle on sensitive tissue while chewing and eating and also highly durable which means it also prevents breaking.
Dentures have to be durable, strong, comfortable and must function well. So, flexible partial dentures were made of a nylon, polyester, polycarbonates, acrylics, polypropylene and acetal resin in the 70s and 80s. After this evolution in dentures materials has led to super flexible nylons, polyolefins and crystalline are used today. Today, they are made of thermoplastic material or nylon, so it gives them a more natural appearance and makes them comfortable than traditional dentures.
Types of flexible partial dentures
Flexible dentures are a type of partial denture that are softer and more flexible. The types of flexible partials dentures included:
- Valplast: Valplast flexible dentures are an innovative tooth replacement option for patients who are looking for a solution which is comfortable, affordable and aesthetically pleasing. It is made from thermoplastic nylon resin. They are fitted to gums and are meant to feel lightweight and flexible which will help people to adapt to the movement and change in a mouth. It is the cheapest flexible partial dentures and best flexible partial dentures to improve chewing, smile and speaking.
- FlexiLytes: FlexiLytes flexible dentures are one of the types of flexible partial dentures that are made from nylon, are biocompatible, and are claimed to be long lasting. FlexiLytes dentures are metal-free, custom-detailed and also help to complete a natural smile.
- Flexites: Flexites are made with the best thermoplastic and use vinyl composite instead of nylon which make it easier for wearers to adjust to. It is light flexible plastic which fits comfortably over the gums. It is also aesthetic, blends nicely and eliminates the metallic taste of metal partials. It is biocompatible and manufactured from medical grade plastic.
- Sunflex: Sunflex dentures offer a virtually invisible base which is durable and metal-free. It is lightweight, more comfortable and practically invisible. Sunflex flexible dentures base resin which is ideal for partial dentures and unilateral restoration. It also claims the dentures are more stain resistant than other brands and can also be repaired and relined.
Advantages and disadvantages of flexible partial dentures
The advantages of flexible partial dentures are:
- They are thin, pliable and lightweight, which means more comfortable than traditional dentures.
- They don’t absorb odors and stains.
- They are less expensive than traditional dentures.
- They do not break easily when dropped.
- They are less likely to cause an irritation or allergic reaction.
- It is easier to adjust to than traditional rigid dentures.
- It has a more realistic appearance due to their clear base.
The disadvantages of flexible partial dentures are:
- They have a shorter lifespan than normal dentures.
- They can’t replace all teeth, so it is only available as partial dentures.
- They are less stronger than normal dentures.
- They are harder to adjust as it requires a skilled dentist with the product.
Need professional help in getting flexibles in Carrollton, TX?
Flexible dentures adapt around the shape of the gums and teeth when inserted. These dentures can be used when it is difficult to insert standard plastic or metal clasp dentures. If you are searching for professional help for getting flexible partial dentures then Unique Dental Lab is the best place for you. We have highly-quality, affordable, personalized and comfortable partial dentures. Our professional will help you to learn more about flexible dentures and other options for replacing missing teeth. We are a team of efficient and trusted dental services guided by experienced dentists, influential lab technicians and teachers committed to fast turnaround and expedited service, impeccable customer service with superior work. Book your appointment for consultation in Carrollton, TX.