Top 5 things to know about porcelain fused to metal.
Porcelain fused to metal (PFM) crowns are a type of dental restoration used to restore missing or damaged teeth that have been caused by tooth decay or injury. Crowns made of porcelain combine beauty, strength, and longevity to create a dental restoration that is both long-lasting and appears to be of natural origin. Here are the top five things to know about porcelain fused to metal:
- Aesthetics: Porcelain crowns provide the patient with a very natural look because of the porcelain layer on top that blends seamlessly into existing teeth. Patients can achieve an aesthetically pleasing result without sacrificing the durability of their restorations by having porcelain fused to metal.
- Versatility: Along with replacing missing and restoring damaged teeth these can also be used to create dentures, bridges, and veneers. In addition, because there are so many tones available nowadays, dentists can simply customize color matches to meet the requirements of their patients.
- Biocompatibility: Because porcelain fused to metal is biocompatible with the gums and bone structure of the patient’s mouth, it can help minimize gum inflammation and enhance gum tissue growth. This is one of the many benefits that this type of dental restoration offers.
- Strength and durability: In comparison to other teeth restorations, porcelain fused to metal has superior strength and durability. They can withstand regular wear and tear due to the combination of porcelain and metal while also maintaining a natural feel and appearance.
- Cost-effective: Porcelain fused to metal crown cost is much more affordable compared to all ceramic solutions. They offer a combination of strength and durability in addition to an appealing appearance from an aesthetic standpoint.
Porcelain fused to metal at Unique Dental Lab
Porcelain fused to metal are available in a wide range of shades, shapes, and sizes meaning the patients can achieve the type of smile makeover that they desire. With proper dental care, cleaning, and maintenance, porcelain fused to metal crowns can last for more than decades. Between porcelain fused to metal vs zirconia the key differences are the composition and number of layers. However, to ensure longevity the wearer must practice good oral hygiene habits like brushing and flossing regularly and avoid hard sugary snacks or drinks. If you are considering expanding your dental practice, reducing chair side, improving patient care, or increasing your bottom line then Unique Dental Lab is the perfect partner for you. At Unique Dental Lab, we have a fast turnaround and expedited service with quick shipping available upon request with a hub for efficient and trusted dental services guided by experienced dentists, influential lab technicians, and teachers. We make it a priority to provide excellent customer service and high-quality work, with the goal of earning the utmost satisfaction from our patients. Unique Dental Lab is the best company that dentists in the Carrollton, Texas area should go with because of our commitment to excellence, the quality of our craftsmanship, the quality of the materials we use, and the more than 75 years of combined industry experience we have. Contact us today to get a free estimate.